Is there something you’ve wanted to learn more about? Do you have a desire to expand your mind on a specific topic or idea? The new moon in Sagittarius is the time to elevate your consciousness with new information. Whether it’s a project that’s been on your mind or a class you’ve wanted to take forever, allow the new moon in Sagittarius to usher in the inspiration to take that first step toward acquiring knowledge.
We should never stop learning. A thirst for knowledge is our soul’s way of sending a message to continue growing and expanding along our journey. The human experience is vast, colorful, and infinite if you want it to be.
The depths of our minds can be filled and fueled with information in every nook and cranny. The only thing you have to do is decide upon what you want to learn, then seek out ways to acquire that knowledge. Now more than ever we have information at our fingertips on almost any topic imaginable. It may require you to physically travel to other places. If that’s the case, embrace it. So much can be learned by exploring the world around us in real life.
The new moon in Sagittarius follows November’s Scorpio new moon, which had us all up in our shadowy selves, exploring what we need to manifest to fill up the spaces we created from healing trauma. Now, we become a student of life, open to the idea that we do not know everything.
So what do you want to learn today to put to work tomorrow? Themes to consider under the Sag new moon are quests for truth, finding solutions, faith, optimism, and freedom.
When Is the 2023 New Moon in Sagittarius?
The new moon in Sagittarius will peak at 6:31 p.m. ET on Dec. 12. You can work with the energy of this manifesting moon for about 48 hours.
What Is the Meaning of the 2023 New Moon in Sagittarius?
Sagittarius is a fire sign represented by the Archer, who shoots his fiery bow straight at a target. This focused and explosive energy helps you usher in new things and discover untapped resources in yourself and the world around us. Sag is ruled by Jupiter, the planet of expansion, which helps direct the keen focus of the ninth zodiac sign in its search for justice for all.
If you desire to increase your connection to Spirit, the Sag new moon is a great time to manifest this. After all, Sagittarius is ruled by the quest for truth and the natural world. So wish for a stronger connection to the higher power helping to guide you through this life. You can also set an intention to be better acquainted with your ancestors and other spiritual guides. Connect with nature by meditating and quieting the running mind so you can better hear your intuition. This will in turn bring more peace of mind into your life.
Sag also rules freedom. If you’re feeling stuck or bored with life, wish for more spontaneity to enter and bring with it more adventure and exploration. Take that trip you’ve been thinking about forever. Manifest it from a thought into a real experience.
If you’re facing legal issues, Sagittarius rules the law. So if you need a lawyer or wish to see court proceedings — go your way and lean into the manifesting power of the Sag new moon.
If higher education is what you seek, manifest the right mentors, schools, and philosophies that will assist you in reaching your educational goals. When it comes to restoring health, focus on the hips, liver, thighs, and upper legs during the new moon in Sagittarius. If you experience sciatica, you can wish to have that area of your body fully restored to health.
Remember that the power to manifest is in your hands. Communicating those intentions and wishes by writing them down, speaking them out loud, and singing only gives them that much power. So don’t be shy. What is it that you want in your life?
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say During December’s New Moon in Sagittarius?
Great Spirit, I seek a deeper connection with you so I can see the path of my life more clearly. I want to learn more and expand my mind. Please guide me on this journey of knowledge. I am humbly a student of life and you are my teacher. I am ready to learn. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So be it.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With December’s New Moon in Sagittarius?
Temperance: The spiritual teacher of the tarot coincides with the zodiac sign that thirsts for knowledge.
Which Chakra Goes With December’s New Moon in Sagittarius?
Sacral Chakra: The third chakra is the center of our creativity and sexuality. It is where our ideas are born. This chakra helps to bring the spontaneity and optimism of Sagittarius.
Spiritual-Bath Recipe For December’s New Moon in Sagittarius
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Florida Water or Agua de Florida
- sage and palo santo
- citrine, carnelian, and labradorite crystals
- tea-tree, bergamot, and juniper-berry essential oils
- yellow, green, or purple candle
- peppermint and chamomile herbs
- carnation or narcissus flowers
1. Begin your Sag-new-moon ritual by putting on some soothing music as you physically clean your space.
2. Once clean, you can begin your spiritual cleansing by first burning sage and allowing the smoke to waft around your space and even around yourself. Follow that with palo santo and do the same with the smoke from the sacred tree. Don’t forget to thank them for cleansing the space and you, preparing you to receive.
3. Build a small new-moon-in-Sag altar with your candle, some crystals, and the flowers you choose. Place the flowers in a vase next to your candle. Surround the candle and flowers with crystals. Hum, sing, dance, and speak your intentions as you do this. Put movement into what you want to bring into your physical world.
4. Begin filling your tub with warm water and add one or two cups of salt to the water. Mix it in with your hands until it fully dissolves. Continue speaking your intentions as you do each step of your new-moon ritual. Your guides are listening.
5. Next, add a few splashes of Florida Water and several drops of essential oil. Again, mix in with your hands and pray.
6. Add a few handfuls of the herbs you feel called to use and mix them into the warm water. You are creating your magic.
7. Finally, cover the top of the water with flower petals. Acknowledge the floral beauty and the power of this earthly companion in your manifestations.
8. If you’ve already written down your new-moon-in-Sag wishes, you can place the folded piece of paper under your candle. Light the candle before you get into the bath.
9. Dim your lights so that you can soak in your baño by candlelight. Honor the elements you brought together to create this new-moon baño, thanking them for assisting you.
10. Soak for 20 to 40 minutes before air-drying or drying with a light-colored towel. Believe in the magic you created and trust that the universe is working to bring those intentions and wishes to fruition. Be an active participant in cocreating the life of your dreams.